Purpose of the Science Olympiad is to improving the quality of science education,
increasing student interest in science, and providing recognition of outstanding
achievement in science education by both students and teachers.
Benefits of Science Olympiad:
A three year Georgia State University study of the impact of Science Olympiad on
middle and high school students confirmed significant benefits in the following
- Increased in-depth knowledge and understanding of science concepts and general knowledge
- An increase in ability to apply scientific knowledge
- Greater breadth of knowledge in areas previously unexplored
- Exhibit significantly enhanced laboratory skills
- Experience science as real scientists would
- Use and apply the scientific method with meaning
- Begin to see the interrelatedness of the sciences.
Below are the list famous science olympiad