Official site - IAIS
The International Assessments for Indian Students, more popularly known as IAIS,
has made an attempt to test the students' ability to apply the information to solve
- IAIS makes the student realise that he can do more than he is doing now.
- IAIS helps the student use the concepts he has learnt to discover that they actually
- IAIS infuses a sudden spurt of confidence in a student by letting him find out that
application is more important than theory and that he is actually good at it.
- IAIS is the stage to practise for all those competitive exams that he will encounter
- IAIS is different because it does what no other exam ever does or can do!
The Assessment will:
- Stimulate interest in science
- Showcase the range of science-based disciplines
- Foster skills necessary for successful scientific practice
- Provide an opportunity for all students to gain a measure of their skills in science
in an external assessment situation
- Monitor individual progress in a range of science-based skills
- Recognise and reward achievement at all levels
- Provide students, parents and teachers with a comprehensive analysis of student
- Identify students' strength and recognise areas of weakness to support further teaching
and learning activities
- Provide an objective, external assessment of students' skills in Science
- Provide an opportunity for schools to monitor the progress of students across a
wide range of subject-related skills
- Recognise and reward achievement across all levels of ability
- Provide comprehensive diagnostic reports to parents, teachers and students of Classes
3 to 12
- Identify students' strengths and weaknesses
- Be a valuable teaching resource for both primary and secondary school teachers
The questions cover a wide variety of skills and processes that are an integral
part of Science. These include observing and measuring, reading and interpreting
information, predicting, drawing conclusions, understanding experimental design
and demonstrating higher order skills, such as reasoning and problem solving.
The papers test the application of these skills across all Science disciplines.
Duration of Papers
- Each question is worth one mark.
- The total score is the number of correct answers, and no marks are deducted for
- Classes 3 & 4 : 30 multiple-choice / 45 minutes
- Classes 5 & 6 : 40 multiple-choice / 55 minutes
- Classes 7 & 12 : 45 multiple-choice/ 60 minutes
Sept. 21st, 2012