Classes 3 to 12
Official site - IAIS
International Assessments for Indian Schools (IAIS) is a leading international student assessment service that provides an objective,
in-depth, external assessment of student skills in key learning areas. IAIS is a diagnostic assessment which brings to light the strengths
and weaknesses of a student on the four core subject areas of English, Science, Mathematics and Digital Technologies.
The International Assessments for Indian Schools more popularly known as IAIS provides an objective, in-depth assessments of student skills in key
learning areas that are essential for success in school & beyond. IAIS is not a competitive exam, it’s purely a diagnostic assessment benchmarked
against global standards that reveals academic strengths and weaknesses of students through scientifically graded assessment questions, which demand
application of basic to higher order thinking skills from students.
- The Assessments consist of a range of multiple-choice and free-response questions.
- For the multiple-choice questions, students will have to choose the correct answer from the four possible options.
- For the free response questions, students will have to write the answers in the boxes provided.
- Each question is worth one mark.
- The total score is the number of correct answers.
- No marks are deducted for wrong answers.
- Papers are ordered from the easiest items to the most difficult items.
- The items towards the end of the paper are designed to provide an opportunity for the most able students to demonstrate a high level of skill.
- The questions are carefully graded to cater to a wide range of student abilities using contexts that stimulate students' interest and engage their attention. Students at all levels of competency stand to benefit from participation in the diagnostic assessments.
The key skill areas assessed are Comprehension, Critical Thinking, Creativity
and higher order thinking skills like Reasoning & Problem Solving. IAIS generates an error free report reflecting students’ learning and performing abilities.
It gives valuable inputs that can be used by stakeholders to make necessary adjustments in their teaching and learning strategies to impact the learning outcomes.
IAIS programme does a complete SWOT Analysis across the learning spectrum of students in order to bring them at par with international standards.
Major skills assessed during Science Examination are
IAIS - Exam Date
- Interpreting data
- Measuring and observing
- Predicting / Concluding from Data
- Reasoning / Problem solving
Duration of Papers
- Date Of Examination:The IAIS - Science will be held in. 26th August 2016 at participating schools.
- Classes 3 & 4 : 30 multiple-choice / 45 minutes
- Classes 5 & 6 : 40 multiple-choice / 55 minutes
- Classes 7 & 12 : 45 multiple-choice/ 60 minutes
General Disclaimer: Information presented on www.OlympiadHelper.com is collected, maintained, and provided for the convenience of the reader. While every effort
is made to keep such information accurate and up-to-date, the OlympiadHelper.com not certify the authenticity of information that originates from third parties.
Readers are advised to check with organizer and/or school for updated information.