Official Website : Science Olympiad Foundation(SOF)
SOF is a Registered Not-For-Profit
Organization Popularising Computer, Science, Mathematics and English Education among school children.
SOF's integrity and commitment towards the fulfillment of its objectives have been lauded by thousand of
schooling institutions and millions of students who have directly benefited from its educative,
informative and evaluative programmes. For the future SOF has several more innovative programmes
lined up, which promise to bring about a sea change in the approach to science, maths and computer education.
The key to having a large, exclusive scientific and IT talent pool for the future is seeking out,
identifying young geniuses and providing them with a unique competitive platform where they can prove
themselves. To further this cause SOF endeavors to
- Identify and nurture future scientists, technologists and IT talent at school level.
- Encourage students' participation in national/international science and IT competitions/ programmes/events.
- Instill a feeling of belonging to national and global science and IT fraternity.
- Infuse a healthy competitive spirit through reward based Contests/Olympiads.
- Bring about a transformation in the classroom approach to science and IT to make it more interactive, practical and innovative.
- Disseminate knowledge and information on the latest developments in science and technology.
- Project SOF as a Centre of Excellence that could cater to different schooling institutions in the
areas of methodical research, new educational tools, special publications and expert advice.
- National Cyber Olympiad (NCO) :
- The first of its kind in the country, the National Cyber Olympiad is now a global search competition
that aims at identifying and
nurturing cyber talent amongst the youngsters.
- Exam Date : 18th September & 14th October 2014
- National Science Olympiad (NSO) :
- The National Science Olympiad is organized every year to motivate students to strive for better and deeper
understanding of scientific facts and data and to enhance their reasoning, analytical and problem solving
skills All school students from class 2nd onwards are invited to participate in this unique contest that
tests their understanding, level of knowledge, applications and power of reasoning.
- Exam Date : 12th November & 25th November 2014.
- International Mathematics Olympiad (IMO):
- The IMO (International Mathematics Olympiad) is a means to identify and encourage the mathematical creativity of
children in schools across India and abroad.
- Exam Date : 4th December & 18th December 2014.
- International English Olympiad (IEO) :
- The International English Olympiad (IEO) is a one-of-a-kind examination, and first in the history
of English language testing in India. IEO is a joint venture of the Science Olympiad Foundation and
The English and Foreign Languages University (EFLU), Hyderabad.
- Exam Date : 20th January & 29th January 2015.